Sunday, February 04, 2007

My Reversible Hat


This is an attempt at an idea I have had for some time...to make a reversible hat. I used the long yellow loom and e-wrapped 45 rows of orange then tied on black and did another 45 rows. I pulled the end of the orange up through the gap of the loom to hook the last stitches onto the pegs (there does not leave much room). I then threaded the needle and removed the hat.
It was also a bit hard to pull the hole in the top closed and there is still about a 1" gap as having two thickness of knitting. If I were to do this again...I would use the yellow round loom as with the long loom the stitches are tighter and this would probably fit a child better. I can get it on but is super tight it feels like it is my skin :-)
I like the black with orange cuff the best.

1 comment:

DaCraftyLady said...

Hi there,
I found your blog on another blog by surfing blogs...here is mine...http://crochetoholic.blogspot.com/ anyways I like your hat..great idea and it came out great. I have just purchased a loom and want to try some hats and socks on them. I am going to add you to my blog site...wanted to share with you my dog sweater I made for my Foxy...If you have a dog or cat you might enjoy www.catster.com or www.dogster.com ...I just found these sites and love them. Hope to hear back from you and hope you'll add me to your site as well...Crochetoholic Debb